Big kudos to the Sentinel's Matt Humphrey on a fun blog post that looks at what life was like in America back on August 14, 1987 -- when a scrawny baby was being born to Bob and Pam Tebow.
Let me add a few other details:
- There was no internet, obviously. Heck, there was barely cable.
- Newspapers still had "Too late for this edition" box scores.
- BCS? Ha. Not even a glimmer in someone's eye.
- Miami won the national title -- Jimmy Johnson was that era's Urban Meyer.
- The national-title game was undebatable: Unbeaten Miami vs. unbeaten Oklahoma
- (Syracuse was unbeaten, too -- remember when Auburn tied them in the bowl game?)
- Tim Brown won the Heisman -- remember when Notre Dame was relevant?
- Remember who finished 3rd? Two words: Gordie. Lockbaum.
- Florida State ended the season No. 2, with its only loss to Miami.
- (FSU would begin a ridiculous run of 14 seasons of Top 5 finishes.)